Here are a few things that can help you prepare for a relaxing and successful acupuncture session.
Before your consultation and acupuncture treatment:
- Have some light snacks half an hour before the session.
- Wear loose clothing that gives comfortable access to your elbows and knees.
- Arrive 5 minutes before your session so you have time to settle your mind.
During your session:
We will discuss:
- Details of your current health concerns
- Your medical history and medication
- Your diet and lifestyle
- Your expectation for your health
I understand many people feel nervous trying acupuncture for the first time, not knowing what to expect and worrying about the treatment being painful.
You will have time to ask me questions about acupuncture and anything regarding your treatment.
You have full control of your treatment. You can express your preferences. You can terminate the treatment at any point, if, for whatever reason, it does not agree with you.
My job is to work with you at your pace and in the way you relax into.
It is normal to feel nervous for your first session and it is ok to let me know that. You may be surprised to know how many people fall into deep sleep during the session and I need to wake them up!
We normally give 10-20 minutes for the treatment to take effect. During this time, you can relax deeply .
- Take it easy for the rest of the day. Avoid heavy exertion, mentally and physically.
- Hydrate with warm drinks through the day when you feel thirsty.
- Refrain from alcohol and very spicy food for 24 hours.
We charge £60 for first consultation and treatment (60 minutes). Subsequent sessions are £48 (up to 45 minutes).
We request 24 hour notice to cancel your appointment.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.